Tuesday, July 19, 2011

What have I learned? A LOT


This class was different from any English class I have ever taken before. I have never really had to analyze literature, and the literature I have had to read has been dry textbook literature. I really enjoyed the change of pace for this class. It also introduced me to a better way of blogging and looking current literature. I hope that I can take what I have discovered in this class into my future career. I have learned to look beyond what I normally see, and discover some of the hidden features in writing. The most important thing that I have learned during this course, is to use someone to proof read my writing other than the people I have used in the past. If you use the same people over and over for years (such I have) then you generally learn the same responses. If you get an outside opinion from someone that has never seen your work before you get a completely different response. (But this is not always available to do, but I will always try.) I have enclosed a website I have found for free proof readers!

http://www.grammarly.com/?gclid=CK_w9_bOjaoCFSN5gwodGnnO0g

4 comments:

  1. Hello Christina, I definitely agree with you in that this class was unlike any other I have ever taken before. It was the pace of the class that really had me going and having to rearrange my priorities in order to get work done. Then again I also found the readings very interesting because of the many interpretations one can find throughout literature. Before I would just take a quick look at a text without really understanding the meaning of the author, which this class has taught me a lot about going into depth. Anyhow, it appears you picked up many different intelligent skills that you will be able to carry onto your future classes. Have an awesome rest of your summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,
    I liked your blog post. I never thought i was learning how to make a blog post, i liked that you said that. Great job and good luck with the rest of school.

    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I feel the same way, i've never had to analyze in a english class and it definatly took more time than and ordinary class. It was basically work from 8-6, everyday except mondays, get caught up on monday, and I usually dedicated my sundays to homework day. If I worked saturday that was really the only day I had. I would always be to darn tired when I got off work! The blog setup, same here as well. I was sooo confused at first!!! Good luck with everything, congrats on completion of the class!
    Riley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christina,
    Wow, it seems that we got the same exact experience in this course. I too loved the rugged departure from the normal "dry" textbooks. I also really enjoyed how Prof. Cline stretched our brains in the analytical department. I will look into proof reading more, Prof. Cline and you make quite a convincing case that this is the way to hone and refine your article. thanks for your input.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete